THE Future Husband Series

Lordy!!Its been a while and I realised that I didnt know what I was getting myself into when I ventured into this. However this past few months, I've felt like there's a missing link and truthfully I now know why..*wink
 Its  good to be back and I'm sharing a series of thoughts,ideas that have come up on the delicate issue of waiting for Future Husband..The frustrations, Hopes and faith that we continue to hold on to till the bobo arrives..lool..Enjoy the series!



As I rushed to the International Airport to pick uncle Deolu.I had one resolution in my mind..'Pick him! Take him to Sheraton and go my way'..thirty minutes will do all this I calculated..Hey! A tiny voice called out to me as I entered the arrival lounge..As I followed the voice with my gaze.I felt shock down my being.It was Chiamaka..the lady with the goddess look but disgusting attitude.We were not best of friends but she loved to give me the 'hi,I'm living the dream' greeting and smile that got me irritated most of the time! somehow I always answered her with the "I'm not doing so bad too reply"as I tried to escape, she held my hand, looked straight into my eyes and said with a mean smile "I'm in Nigeria cos I'm getting married next week! Will you come?" I looked at the ground for it to swallow me up but as you know it wouldn't..then I looked straight into her's, forced a smile  and said "NO I can't.I'm also getting married in 2 weeks".
 "Really, to who?"she asked.
I looked around for uncle Deolu.Thankfully he had spotted me and was walking towards me..I gave him a "please play along" stare. Although he looked confused , I figured his dashing looks would make this a win-win episode. He was young, single n ridiculously handsome.
As he got closer, I smiled n said "this is Him",I held his hand and walked soo fast even the wind could tell I was competition!
We got into the car, looked at each other and laughed so hard. Even as I laughed,I queried future husband for taking so long to show up!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts