The Future Husband Series

It was a rainy Wednesday. Wished I had checked the weather forecast for the day before I set out. I would have been   prepared for the unexpected.
  I had decided not to go in my car for a goodnumber of reasons: One, the air condition was bad, the funny noise from the silencer too dint sit well with me.
Secondly, the traffic back home was a nightmare. Horror movie suits perfectly to describe the experience. Most times, coming home was something I had to prepare myself for mentally. It was that bad! But today, for the first time I felt I made a terrible decision cause of this ‘silly’ rain.*Phew*
 As I sat in the BRT bus, I began to think of what my fate would be when I get to my drop -off point. My office was about 10 minutes walk from there but it was a busy road...So you know the drama involved to get through. While I was still struggling with my thoughts, the bus came to a stop and Bingo! That was my call…
Disgust and anger had taken over as I bit my lip and alighted from the bus. The rain poured still as I made for the office.
 A black, Honda Iv-Tec car (end of discussion) stopped right in front of me and I spotted Kike on the passenger’s seat. “Choi Kikelomo; the office gossip! (Antenna) we also called her “Ekelomo” because she was such a gossip... in short a Natural. “Hey!! I said as I forced a smile. ”Hop in" she said. As I got in, I realized a dude was on the wheel.”Oh hi!” I said with a wry smile. “Hello miss!” he replied
“Err…she's my colleague at the office”. Kike added. He looked at me through the Rear-view mirror and introduced himself as Tekenna...”Nice to meet you! I'm Kike's fiancée.” he said. Puzzled, I tried to swallow what I had just heard. He was too on point and classy to be Kike's!!!Of all people. I stayed quiet and even more frustrated as we got to the office complex. I knew my episode would be the discussion of the day in the office. Highly frustrated, wet, disheveled and upset, I walked to the ladies, sat on the covered toilet seat and screamed “Dear Future Husband Biko, Mbok come na!! See what you have caused today o!”
As I tried to clean up, tears welled up in my eyes.  Just then, the toilet door opened and I heard footsteps of people walk in. “Wo babe, I have gist for you!!”  It was kike's voice…

Comments

  1. very smart writing but I reproach you something. You wrote less articles than last year. just 2 articles in 2012 less than those of 2011 (2011). Anyway, Your writing is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice article it is...it actually the first time am coming across dis blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts